Thursday 17 June 2021

Explanation Writing

 We have continued learning about what makes a good explanation. Some people were learning how to use a diagram that had labels and an explanation. This helps the reader to understand what we are explaining. Other people were working on complex sentences. A complex sentence is when you put a phrase in a sentence, but you can move the phrase. You need to make sure it still makes sense though. Here is an example: 

After I finished baking, I shared the cookies with my family.

I shared the cookies with my family, after I finished baking. 

This makes our writing more interesting for the reader because we are using a variety of sentence types.

Here's a snapshot of some interesting explanantions. Did they achieve their learning intention and success criteria?

What Do Beavers Smell Like?


Why don't spiders stick to their web?


How do snakes open their jaws so wide?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question