Friday 16 September 2022

Speeches

We have been busy writing our speeches and next week we will be presenting them to the class. Our topic is NZ wildlife. We could choose any creature we liked. We started with our pepeha then a hook to grab the audiences attention and then wrote facts. We have ended with an "I" statement e.g "I think tūī are beautiful birds because their feathers shimmer in the sunlight.

Have you ever said a speech? Do you have any tips for us when we say them in front of others?

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Room 4,
    I can't wait to hear your speeches. When will you be doing them? How do you practise?
    One tip I would have for you is to stand in one place while saying your speech and try to stand still.
    Good luck for speech day!
    from Mrs Torrie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question