Monday 25 May 2020

Jesus Ascending into Heaven

Today we have been learning about The Ascension. We learnt this happened 40 days after Easter Sunday. It was when Jesus rose up into heaven. He promised to prepare a place for people in Heaven.
We read this passage from St. John’s Gospel and talked about what each verse meant:

This YouTube clip also helped our understanding.

Using Google Drawing we recreated the scene of Jesus Ascending into Heaven. Some of us also included a quote from ACTS 1:11. You can see our drawings on our individual blogs.

4 comments:

  1. I liked how you learnt about Jesus and his storys

    ReplyDelete
  2. this cool about jesus Ascending to heaven great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow I love to learn about Jesus in the gospel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora my fellow friends,
    I love that you are finding new and exciting ways to encounter Jesus. I am so impressed with some of the google drawings you have done. I saw that some have been glued into your RE books too. They look fantastic.
    Do you know what happened the week after the Ascension of Jesus?
    I look forward to seeing more of your creative work.

    Miss Steele

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question