Friday 5 March 2021

Our Favourite Toy

This week in Writing, we have been learning how to describe. Some people were learning how to use specific nouns, adjectives and juicy verbs, and others were learning how to use metaphors. Metaphors are similar to similes but instead of 'like' or 'as' we replaced them with 'is'. 

We first read a story from a person called Yasmin, then we used her template and wrote about our own favourite toy that we had when we were in kindy or preschool. In the first paragraph, we described what our toy looked like, and the second paragraph was about what happened to it.

We used Canva to publish our stories.

What is your favourite toy? Is it a teddy? Perhaps a toy car or doll? What did you do with your toy when you were little? 

Here's Camille's final piece...



6 comments:

  1. hi🤗 I like your post it is very interesting it reminds me of a story about a man who Fought in war that had a teddy bear it was very old and the kid loved it.
    blog ya later
    by Luka.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Luka,
      Thank you for your comment. We have read stories about teddy bears as well.
      Did you have a favourite toy when you were younger? What happened to it?
      Mā te wā,
      Room 1

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora,
    My name is Tulsi. I am from Owairaka School (Room 25 Adventures). I really liked it. My favorite toy is a teddy bear. When I was little I would take my teddy bear to my day care but then I forgot her and we had to go back at night so then I kept her at home.
    Blog you later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Tulsi,
      Thank you for your comment.
      What happened to your teddy bear? Do you still have it?
      Mā te wā,
      Room 1

      Delete
  3. HI room 1,
    I really like your poem but can you spell check it because you spelled
    remember like remeber.
    blog ya later

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Room 1,
    I like your little poem. Next time you post a poem or anything maybe spell check.
    Blog Ya Later!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question