Thursday 29 July 2021

The Olympic Games

In reading we have been learning to skim and scan. We read the articles first and then practised skimming and scanning. Skimming is reading quickly in order to get a general overview of the material. Scanning is reading quickly in order to find specific facts. The facts we needed to find were about the Olympic Games. We found some very interesting facts. Did you know that there is actually a fourth medal?

Read Jakob A's fact file. Just click on the picture and it will take you to some facts, then click on the picture of the house and it will take you back 'home' so you can click on another button.

We have also been creating our own Olympic mascots. We looked at the current mascots and mascots of the past and decided to create one just in case the Olympics ever came to New Zealand. We used a new google tool called Chrome Canvas. For most of us, it was the first time we have used it.

Have you ever used Chrome Canvas? What did you create?

Here's Camille's NZ Olympic Mascot.

14 comments:

  1. Kia ora Room 1,
    I have viewed Camille's mascot and was amazed with the creativity the Chrome Canvas allows you to have. I had a go at drawing with it and it took me while to work out I could get my own colours.
    What other tips have you got that would help me use this tool?
    from Mrs Torrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi its Lochlan from Owairaka school
    I like this post because it teaches you something

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello it's Xavier from Owairaka District School
    I like this post because it teaches you about the olympics. Jakobs A's fact file is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia Ora Rm 1,
    I really like your post Jakob. I also really like yours Camille. I have never used Chrome Canvas. What do you think your next steps are?
    Blog ya later,
    Tulsi from Owairaka school

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rm 1, I am Jasmine from Owairaka primary,
    I really like Camille and Jakob's blogs.
    I learnt that I can use chrome canvus,
    What do you think your main steps are?
    Blog ya later, Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kia Ora Rm 1,
    I really like your post . I have never used Chrome Canvas. What do you think your next steps are?
    Blog ya later,


    ReplyDelete
  10. Kia Ora Rm 1,
    I really like your post. I like how you put in links. Jacob's post is very cool and so is Camille's. I haven't used Chrome canvas but I will try it soon!
    Blog you later,
    Bhargavi from Owairaka District School

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi it's Luka from Owairaka District School.
    I never knew that skimming and scaning meant reading quickly in order to get a general overview of the material and reading quickly in order to find specific facts. I never knew that there was a fourth medal.
    blog ya later.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Rm 1 I really like your post I is very good to read and I understand it a lot. I wonder what your going to post next BLoG YoU LAteR. Kaynin

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goodmorning Rm 1! Im Helen from Ruapotaka School, I really love this post about the Olympic Games. This post makes me inspired to try and get in the Olympics! Keep up the amazing work with your blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question